Stated on the GroupMe Blog, “Whether it’s an impromptu book club, karaoke crew, pick-up soccer group, or fan club, open groups make it easy to talk about the things you like with anyone you know.” Sounds good enough for me!
What does this app do?
What if you wanted to have a conversation with your sorority all at once but you weren’t in the same place and it’s hard to get the message out to everyone at once? Yes it’s here. Group texting! It’s something I’ve always wondered about ever since text messaging came into existence! With this app you can carry a group discussion with your friends and all your friends can see each reply between every member of the conversation, like instant messaging. Here’s what you can do:
- Start groups with the people already in your contacts.
- Send and receive messages using your data connection and when you have a poor connection, the app can switch you to SMS so you’ll never miss a message.
- Share photos within any conversation.
- Create open groups so anyone can join in the conversation.
- See group members’ locations on a map.
- Have private conversations aside from group convo’s, too.
Where can I find this app?
You can get this app from Google Play, iTunes App Store, Blackberry App World, and Window’s MarketPlace. If you don’t have a smartphone, you aren’t left out. GroupMe also has an SMS option so everyone is included!
How much does this app cost?
This app is absolutely free!
Would I use this app?
I already do. I don’t use it too often. But I use it whenever I want to talk to a group of friends at the same time. It’s quick and easy!